Life happens and it will happen to your hardwood floors too. Luckily, with a little tender care hardwood floors can quickly recover. Here are some tips to tackle common problems:
Floors Finished With Wax or Penetrating Stains
- Scratches - Wax the affected area using a soft, clean cloth.
- Dried Milk or Food Stains - Gently rub with a damp cloth, then rub dry and wax.
- Heel Scuffs - Rub in a small amount of wax with fine steel wool and hand buff to a shine.
- Mold or Mildew - Rub with a wood cleaner using a soft, clean cloth.
Floors Finished With Ployurethane or Surface Finishes
- Scratches - Repair with a touch-up kit for urethane finishes.
- Dried Milk or Food Stains - Use a cleaner developed specifically for urethane finishes. For stubborn spots, scrub using the urethane cleaner and a scrub pad made for urethane floors.
- Heel Scuffs - Follow instructions for dried milk or food stains.
- Mold or Mildew - Use a cleaner developed for urethane finishes. If the mold or mildew lies beneath the surface finish, sand and refinish the area.