In our last blog, we discussed the different styles of wood to choose from when designing your home. In addition, there are many design elements to consider as well. These upgrades allow you to design an individual look that is unique to your home!
- Borders: Contrast can be added to the main area of the room by outlining the room in a contrasting darker species of wood. Borders may include multiple wood species, stone, marble, stainless steel, nickel and other metals.
- Medallions: Generally installed in the main field of the floor, such as foyers, medallions may incorporate multiple wood species and other materials such as stone, metal, or leather. Factory finished medallions can be routed into existing floors with minimal disruption. If you would like to add a personal touch, GR Flooring can help you choose the species and colors to fit your design idea.
- Hand-Distressing: This process is labor intensive and time consuming, but, creates a unique and antiqued appearance. Typically, the look is achieved by hand-scraping with tools such as chisels, planes, wire brushes, awls, ice picks, and grinder.
- Painted Floors: Let your imagination run wild to design a truly individual and unique look! Your floor will be a piece of personal art. Create dramatic designs, patterns, country, formal, or anything you can imagine.
- Staining: Staining offers and affordable way to change the look of your floors. Light color stains can refresh old floors. Warm colored stains will produce traditional looks, while dark colored stains give a new look.